United Blood Services Supervisor, Lab Services in San Francisco, California
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for supervising and coordinating daily technical operations. This position is also responsible for providing skilled technical support in laboratory services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Hires, supervises, coordinates work schedules, trains, and evaluates performance of assigned personnel. Identifies and effectively resolves personnel issues.
- Supervises and participates in the completion of laboratory testing.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained and maintenance is documented.
- Reviews and evaluates production and quality control records (e.g. testing, labeling, and storage).
- Ensures timely completion and accuracy of laboratory reports. Performs data entry and record review.* *
- Ensures adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Assists in reporting and resolving deviations (e.g., errors, quarantine, recall, equipment maintenance, reagent failures and accidents).
- Assists in development and implementation of educational and training programs.
- Maintains effective communications with hospitals.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by a recognized certifying agency required or CLIA equivalent for high complexity testing required.
- Certification as a technologist in blood banking (BB) or specialist in blood banking (SBB) preferred.
- State licensure (as required by regulations).
- One year of laboratory experience required.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active member of management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a participative management style, strong team development, and coaching skills.
- Must have analytical, statistical, personal organization, and problem solving skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
For more EEO information about applicant rightsclick here
For information about Pay Transparency rightsclick here
Our organization participates in E-Verify, for more informationclick here
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Organization: BSI Business Group
Primary Location: United States of America-California-San Francisco
Work Locations: 5001 CA San Francisco Irwin (236) Blood Centers of the Pacific 270 Masonic Avenue San Francisco, 94118
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting Close Date: Ongoing
Job Function: Laboratory
Req ID: 18522
Employee Status: Full-time, Regular