Robert Half Accountemps Staff Accountant in San Francisco, California
Accountemps currently has a short term temporary position open for an experienced, organized Staff Accountant at a dynamic, growing organization. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will hold responsibility over many aspects of internal reporting. You will provide support in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will play an active role in compliance, collaborate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This very involved position works to produce Cash Flow projections, Financial Statements, and Budgets. This San Francisco, California based company is offering an opportunity that is multi-faceted and challenging in nature. It's a thriving environment where effort is rewarded!
Staff Accountant responsibilities:
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Execute month end close, journal entries, with little supervision
- Support fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Offer succinct analysis on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a clear and concise manner
- Partake in annual closing processes
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Support capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
Staff Accountant Qualifications:
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Deep understanding of accounts receivable
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Command of accounts payable
- General ledger experience highly desired
- 5+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
If you are currently available and interested in this position, please send a copy of your updated resume to Clarence Wilson at email@example.com
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
© 2018 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans