Expedia Sr. Global Accounts Manager (Hotwire - San Francisco or Remote) in San Francisco, California
Launched in 2000 in San Francisco, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena. Just a few years later in 2003 we joined the Expedia Group family of brands that includes Hotels.com, HomeAway, Travelocity and more.
Our roots are here in San Francisco, but we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product and technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the latest and greatest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique a core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
We’re currently making substantial investments in our technology platform and our brand marketing strategy to enable our next stage of high growth. To make these endeavors possible, we’re on the hunt for people who are passionate about solving tough problems and are excited about the opportunity take on highly visible roles that will have an immediate impact on our business.
If you thrive in environments that are dynamic, action oriented, data driven and relish in conquering diverse challenges every single day, joining Hotwire is likely to be the most rewarding opportunity of your career. So-- what are you waiting for? Come join a household name brand that lives at the exciting intersection of technology and travel.
The Senior Global Accounts Manager is responsible for improving revenues through our Global Hotel Chains, Key Accounts, Management Companies and Ownership Groups (collectively referred to as ‘Partners’) to achieve quarterly targets, drive internal business initiatives impacting Hotwire’s lodging offerings and/or relationships, and improve process inefficiencies in addition to developing and sustaining strong hotel partner relationships from your assigned Partners. This includes negotiating favorable inventory rates and availability at chain/brand level, and developing robust revenue management practices and relationships with your assigned Partners.
Working closely together with the Hotel Account Managers, GPG team, Connectivity Manager, and other departments, you will negotiate with assigned Global Hotel Chains and Key Accounts to increase the number of participating hotels, advise them on how and where to improve their results, and assist the local hotel teams in their collaboration with the chain hotels.
Focus on direct account management to deliver revenue and/or acquisition goals through management of inventory, rates and supplier relations. Negotiate best inventory and strategically competitive rates in your assigned Global Hotel Chains, Key Accounts, Management Companies and Ownership Groups
Initiate contract negotiations and coordination of renewals for hotel chains and key accounts
- Actively find opportunities for revenue growth from your assigned Partners
- Involvement in cross functional Hotwire business initiatives. Understand deliverables and implications on Partners, while providing input on opportunities for improvement and effective roll out. Partner with internal teams through initiation and planning of initiatives to actively anticipate Partner impact
- Provide ongoing input to the Director of the group in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve processefficiency
- Coordinate with Point of Sale (POS) to use merchandising opportunities and offerings
- Evaluate industry trends and competitor activity and provide analysis and recommendations to management
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships. Deliver consulting services and marketing and sales opportunities through regular partner contact
- Provide relevant performance reporting analysis to implement positive solutions in order for the Partner and Hotwire to achieve market performance and long-term activity goals
- Develop a strong network and relationships within the hospitality industry in order to demonstrate appropriate market influencers and provide expertise to the local industry
- Promote Hotwire product offerings, tools, connectivity solutions, billing and key initiatives to your Partners. Educate them on the full use of our products and tools through events, trade shows, presentations
- Liaise with Hotel Account Management team on problems, partner concerns, acquisition targets, merchandising and support for Partners
- Coordinate with Expedia teams and functional areas to implement creative projects and business initiatives aimed at building a strong market presence, merchandising, and attractive value propositions
- Lead the development and execution of your overall Partner business plans. Ensure Hotwire has a long-term business strategy to deepen our position in the assigned Partners
- May lead small team of associates
- Ability to travel up to 50% with valid driver license for US
- Excellent organizational, social, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as knowledge of Micro strategy and Salesforce.com
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 3-5 years experience with account management and project management skills
- Experience in sales organizations; revenue management a plus
- Experience with OTA, e-commerce, hotel sales management preferred
- Consistent track record of analyzing metrics to uncover revenue opportunities
- B.A./ B.S. degree required
Strengths You'll Need:
- Ability to influence and motivate desired behaviors
- Strong negotiation skills, problem solving, business insight and presentation skills
- Standout colleague, ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Effective communication skills, strong ability to deliver results, and effective at handling conflict
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time