Macy's Senior Product Manager, Digital Credit (macys.com) in San Francisco, California
* Job Overview: * * * The Credit Self Service Senior Product Manager is a key leader in delivering new customer experiences through program enhancements. In partnership with business leadership, they define the roadmap for the program, and then represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams – who will execute on that vision. It is essential that the product manager understands how product enhancements change customer behavior and what trends are emerging in the market. They own socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization through opportunity assessments while driving development with design solutions. They partner closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. A successful Senior Product Manager will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development in a matrix organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Essential Functions: *
• Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that: • directly support primary objectives of the project • are appropriate in size for iterative development • include clear and specific acceptance criteria • take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives • Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Is able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity. • Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs. • Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications. • Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed. • Identify areas that require customer research and proposes research activities to direct supervisor and user experience team. • Partner with macys.com user experience team to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals. • Present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary. • Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality. • Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features. • Develop supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations. • Recognized as an expert across the division as someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of macys.com. • Can successfully champion new initiatives to leadership team. • Balance priorities across the Business Intelligence and Analytics portfolio to identify, recommend and prioritize key opportunities between the business units, communicating decisions and trade-offs. To this end, you will maintain a prioritized backlog for each community of product stakeholders. • Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the business user stories can be prioritized optimally. • Work hand-in-hand with the business to understand and document business requirements for Business Intelligence and Analytics use cases. • Advise the business and provide suggestions for Business Intelligence and Analytics opportunities, based on detailed knowledge of existing data, business objectives and available technology. • Secure deep understanding of the data and how it represents and is used by the business; identify gaps where they exist and communicate them. • Understand the importance and impact of best practice data management, BI and Analytics concepts (e.g. Master Data Management, Data Governance, etc.). • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: *
• College Degree. • 5 - 8 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: product/program management or other product ownership role. • Internet and retail or credit experience strongly preferred. • Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
Other Skills: *
- * • Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Company Profile: *
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
/ This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with // SFPC Art. 49 // and // LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 // . /
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Job: Customer Experience
Req ID: MAC09312