Salesforce.com, Inc PMTS - Search, Christian in San Francisco, California
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Job DetailsPrincipal Machine Learning Engineer - Search Relevance San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
We are : The Search Relevance team at http://salesforce.com is seeking a proven technical leader to help build out Search Ranking, Relevance and Machine Learning teams to power search intelligence for our multi-tenant cloud-scale search system. We build systems, large scale data processing pipelines and learning to rank algorithms to power machine learning at scale; working in close conjunction with the rest of search infrastructure teams to develop high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems that learn from behavioral inputs from Enterprise customers. As part of the Search Relevance team, you will work on relevance and ranking functions that drive the richness, quality and effectiveness of the search experience across all of Salesforce’s products.
You are : Ideal candidates have experience solving real-world search relevancy challenges in large scale hosted search systems, have a strong track record of leading teams focussed on building machine learning models and deploying them in production. Strong academic/research connection with industry publications in Search/Recommendations space would be a big plus. Your role will be to develop and implement strategies for utilizing natural language processing, intent analysis, machine learning and other leading edge technologies such as learning to rank methods to help drive measurable relevancy improvements in a variety of use cases and businesses that leverage our search to deliver rich user experiences. We are looking for a talented architect super passionate about search.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work with a world class technical team to deliver a high traffic, high performance, highly evolved search solution that satisfies millions of requests a day and delivers an experience that delights millions of users, then we want to talk with you.
Responsibilities: - Set the vision for engineers and data scientists that apply Information Retrieval and Machine Learning techniques to retrieve relevant results and provide optimal ranking. - Help design, develop, bring to production at a large scale and support new “intelligence” features on a world-class search service that serves millions of requests daily on a diverse corpus of data including structured, unstructured and social feeds. - Help design and operationalize usage metrics and patterns to identify opportunities to improve relevancy of search. - Analyze and understand the different products, devices and use cases that are driven by search across salesforce and develop strategies for improving relevancy. - Evangelize the use of machine learning by deploying models at scale and subsequently sharing impact from A/B testing (including interpretation of results). - Develop new ranking features and techniques build upon the latest results from the research community. - Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in senior positions focused on Machine Learning, Information Retrieval or Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Learning to Rank.
- Expertise in Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Iteratively analyzing data, integrating new data sources, experimenting and optimizing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate well, present ideas and solution to executives and coherently discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to quickly respond to the changing business needs and roll out functionality in small increments rather than a big bang approach
- Practical experience with Hadoop/Spark (or similar systems)
- Strong grasp of Python, Java or other comparable Object Oriented Programming Language
- Master’s or PhD in a relevant field and/or experience in any of the following is highly regarded: Machine learning and modeling techniques including classification, regression and Bayesian analysis.
- Experience with Lucene/Solr or similar search systems preferable
- Good understanding of usability and visual design principles
- Understanding of A/B testing, expertise in metric definition and analysis
- Experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Experience with Agile software development and Test Driven Development methodologies
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!