Capital One Master Platform Engineer, Cloud in San Francisco, California
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Platform Engineer, Cloud
We are a new team within Capital One, supporting our Program Management efforts with a strong focus on process automation for multiple lines of business. We are a technology-centric organization with a deep appreciation for entrepreneurs. We encourage the use of multiple technology stacks and disciplines to solve problems. As a Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from internal customer-facing web applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful cloud services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies across the stack such as: Java, Python, node.js, Go, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, AngularJS, React, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
You will work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios and continuously improve software engineering practices. You should be comfortable working in a near-start-up environment, preferably having done this before. As a self-starter, you should be comfortable working in a selfless team environment. Have an appreciation for diversity of thought, action and team complexion. We genuinely care about our team’s success and have built an environment that nurtures career growth, flexibility in tools, and product ownership.
What we need:
· We’re seeking talented senior engineers to help automate thousands of unique use-cases involving multiple systems talking to each other, data transformation, and decision-based escalation.
· This is a senior role focused on building scalable web services and applications. You’ll be responsible for developing our back-end stack that powers our internal platform infrastructure.
· Successful candidates will be strong back-end developers with experience shipping high-profile, user-facing and enterprise products. Working in large code bases, and engineering features for high-performance interactivity, scalability & high availability.
· You should be able to demonstrate deep expertise in various technologies including compiled and Interpreted languages and frameworks on multiple cloud technologies.
· You are Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
· You are a strong team player with a positive attitude.
What you’ll do:
· Develop automation processes to meet the defined requirements
· Collaborate with product management to define, architect, and build API services.
· Develop, maintain, and own web services used for development and production environments.
· Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed cloud computing, HTTP, API design, and more.
· Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
· Set and enforce coding standards.
· Own partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent, beneficial client interaction and solution delivery.
· Enforce security best practices that are compliant with various data classifications.
Bachelor’s degree or Military Experience
At least 5 years of experience in Software Engineering, Platform Engineering, Middleware or Database Technology
At least 2 years of experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Object-Oriented programming experience with knowledge of design patterns.
Solid background in JSON, HTTP, RESTful services, and distributed systems
Experience in scripting languages (Python)
Familiar with database optimization (SQL, NoSQL)
Rich expertise developing RESTful APIs
Good understanding of multi-threaded apps
Experience in Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
This is a senior level position located in San Francisco. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.