Ricoh Americas Corporation Corporate Receptionist in San Francisco, California
Perform in a senior level capacity to create and maintain a professional image of the company by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to visitors, guest employees, telephone callers, taking and relaying messages and performing various light administrative duties.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet visitors, ask them to sign in, issue them a Visitor Badge, process and assign wireless network account for Headquarters, if applicable and contact the employee the visitor is to see.
- Activate access for temporary badges for Headquarters employees who forgot or lost their badge or if their badge is malfunctioning.
- Answer and properly route global calls, some confidential in nature, using company -wide switchboard or provide appropriate information to the caller. Calls are to be handled expeditiously, in a professional and businesslike manner while being friendly and using a high standard of customer service.
- Prioritize calls and escalate customer service issues to the proper chain of command.
- Takes initiative to ensure the company phone and speed dial lists are current.
- Responsible for training a back-up and providing guidance on policies and procedures.
- Notify employees upon receipt of inbound deliveries or have the delivery made to the Mail Room as is appropriate.
- Provide light administrative support to Headquarter staff as directed such as issuing facility access cards to employees, scheduling meeting room, assisting Administration or any other team when needed for various tasks (envelope labels, compiling manuals, etc.).
- Proactively seeks out additional work during downtime.
- Follow up on loaned access cards to make sure all are returned and contact Security if card is not returned by the end of the day.
- Builds professional relationships with customers and other teams.
- Maintain the reception area in a neat and orderly fashion to include visitor reading materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires high school diploma.
- Experience working in a Headquarters environment preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as a receptionist in a busy switchboard environment preferred.
- Type 40 wpm.
- Must be flexible to work hours between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM (normally an eight hour shift).
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.