American Tower Business Development Manager (Municipalities) in San Francisco, California
The Business Development Manager – Municipalities developsand executes a strategic plan for securing ideal real estate for the right toinstall wireless technology infrastructure. The incumbent collaborates with the Sales team to pursue rights-of-wayand other real estate aimed at addressing the needs of wireless serviceproviders. The Manager initiates and establishespartnerships across the United States primarily with municipalities and secondarilywith private property owners. The incumbentwill play an active role representing the Company within key municipal and propertyowner organizations, to both position the Company as a thought leader and drivelong-term opportunity.
- Research and identify potential real estate opportunities toalign with the Company’s business plan.
- Successfully negotiate new Right-of-Way and LicenseAgreements, and other similar authorizations as needed in accordance with Companystandards and parameters. In so doing, representthe Company before local agencies, jurisdictional officials, and city councils.
- Successfully re-negotiate existing agreements orauthorizations where applicable.
- Establish and foster excellent working relationships withall parties involved in potential real estate opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and vendors tounderstand Company processes and business parameters and how products aredesigned, built, and operated.
- Analyze potential real estate transactions to determine whetherthey meet the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with the Marketing organization on the developmentand implementation of campaigns aimed at municipalities and property owners.
Other duties as assigned
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levelsof employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionallyachieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicabletimelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including theability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multipletasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization ofduties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solidrelationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to completetasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resourcesand knowledge to identify high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in RealEstate, Planning, or Business preferred
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in account management, realestate, or sales focused on municipalities required.
- Experience negotiating rights-of-way or real estateagreements with municipalities for wireless telecommunications facilitiesstrongly preferred.
Approximately 50% performed in climate-controlled internaloffice environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 50% travel may be required insupport of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel andhandle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight orexert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Mgr Bus Dev Municipalities
Title: Business Development Manager (Municipalities)
Location: CA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 18000096