Gap Inc. Assistant Marketing Manager – Promotions, Gap Online North America in San Francisco, California
Assistant Marketing Manager – Promotions, Gap Online North America
San Francisco, California 94105
Job#: 233830 Date Posted:Apr. 17, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we’re the world’s most iconic American brand.
We’re represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what’s next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to “do more than sell clothes,” and today we’re leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Assistant Marketing Manager- Promotions is responsible for supporting and executing promotional events that drive the Gap Online NA business. This position will report to the Manager- Promotions Gap Online North America.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Execution against the Gap Online NA promotional calendar including calendar management, change management, writing marketing briefs, reviewing creative and recapping events
• In-season management of the NA online promo calendar
• Weekly business reporting and additional reporting as needed
• Competitive analysis
• Develop strong relationships and collaborate with cross-functional partners
• Be highly responsive and flexible to meet business needs
• Ability to pitch in to help with pre-season and other market needs as they arise
Key Organizational Relationships:
GOL Marketing Teams, Web Production, Buying, Creative, and Digital Marketing
• Positive attitude and ability to manage change, thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
• High attention to detail
• Tremendous organization and process management skills
• Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of excel are a must; experience in Omniture a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to glean insights and tell a story from the data
• 1+ years of marketing, company planning/finance, agency/consulting, or buying/merchandising experience a plus
• Experience working with cross functional teams
• Customer focused mindset
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality at http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/gap-inc-women-and-opportunity in the workplace in 2016.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.