Gap Inc. Assistant Buyer - Gap Online North America- Adult in San Francisco, California
Assistant Buyer - Gap Online North America- Adult
San Francisco, California 94105
Job#: 229222 Date Posted:Mar. 09, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we’re the world’s most iconic American brand.
We’re represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what’s next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to “do more than sell clothes,” and today we’re leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Assistant Buyer will be part of the US online team to drive sales comp.
• Assist Buying Manager in the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Department or Division sales plans.
• Collaborate with a centralized Merchandising team (GM) to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
• Partner with Site Merchandising team to influence marketing needs and site merchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
• Represent divisions/brand and present a point of view in business meetings.
• Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan and support theory with product assortment wins/misses/opportunities. Forecast in-season sales on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals in season.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Production, Marketing, Creative, Site Merchandising, International OL Buyers, and Global Merchants) and able to influence them to achieve results.
• Share seasonal category strategies with Site Merchant team to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
• Strong organization skill and able to create processes when surrounded by ambiguity.
• Hindsight businesses quarterly and mid-season and share with global merchandising team as well as to influence future product offering and buys.
• Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
• Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets and online channels.
• Partner with Manager in developing performance and individual career goals.
• Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
• Bachelors Degree of equivalent.
• 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
• Experience as an Assistant Merchandiser, Assistant Buyer, or equivalent.
• Strong financial and analytical skills are must.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Customer oriented.
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality at http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/gap-inc-women-and-opportunity in the workplace in 2016.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.