Walmart Senior Product Manager in SAN BRUNO, California
1036632BRReq ID:1036632BRCompany Summary:The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.Job Title:Senior Product ManagerPosition Summary:Walmart eCommerce is looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Customer Experience Team! In addition to our vast product assortment, we also provide various other services and capabilities on our site that enable our customers to save money and live better. As the services product owner your scope would include working with the VUDU product team to enable a seamless customer experience in the discovery and purchase of digital movies on Walmart.com and supporting other areas such as services to assess quick wins and help build a comprehensive product strategy and overall vision for the services vertical.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a track record of shipping high quality products, a quick learner, one who thrives in a fast paced environment, is comfortable with ambiguity and phenomenal at shipping product working with various cross –functional teams.City:SAN BRUNOState:CAPosition Description:The right candidate will not only prove to be superb at execution but also be able to quickly learn new domains and demonstrate the ability to develop a comprehensive product vision and strategy for new product areas as the need arises – this is your opportunity to mold the growth of the services vertical. You are a passionate shopper and/or a fanatic about specialized shopping experiences tailored to verticals that you care deeply about!
You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills working with various-cross functional partner teams - Business Managers, Design, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. Your product management experience and understanding of the software development cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products. You are relentlessly focused on the customer; you are adept at prioritizing, evaluating trade offs ultimately delivering impactful results.
• Develop and champion a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
• Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
• Work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
• Present and clearly articulate product strategy to company leadership.
• Own the product discovery process.
• Define, track and improve key product metrics.
• Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
• Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents.
• Manage partner relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating agreements and contracts, and managing partnership integration.
• Manage third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features. Product Implementation, Deployment and Support
• Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly
answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
• Work closely with Marketing and/or the Business to launch products and ensure their adoption.
• Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
• Manage the development of training materials and train users on new product features, support business users and manage close-loop feedback cycles to encompass customer/user comments and needs into better product experience.Minimum Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 2-3 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field
• Product Management experience in a fast-paced agile environment at a consumer facing mobile/web company (experience in a vertical e-commerce area e.g. fashion, shoes, home and garden, electronics strongly preferred) If you are a zealous shopper yourself, that would be awesome!
• Proven experience shipping consumer based web/app productsAdditional Preferred Qualifications:MBACategory:Product Management - Technology Division:Walmart.comDivision Summary:The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.Employment Type:Full TimeRequisition Template:eCommerce Department Summary:The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!