Pinkerton Counterterrorism Intelligence Specialist in Palo Alto, California
The Counterterrorism Intelligence Specialist, assigned to a specific client, provides coverage across multiple regions to offer dedicated support for proactive intelligence collection, gisting, review and analysis, as well as product policy efforts.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives. The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct regular analysis and gists of vendor-sourced and OSINT intelligence;
- Disseminate analysis and information to broader audience within the client.
- Provide analytic requirements from cross-functional internal teams back to OSINT suppliers.
- Write ad-hoc intelligence assessments.
- Monitor internal dashboards for errors or failure rates to alert teammates and evaluate/investigate causes.
- Monitor terrorist accounts and trends in social media platforms.
- Provide regular internal updates on terrorist propaganda and real-world trends;
- Combination of first-hand monitoring (on Telegram, for example), gisting summaries from OSINT, third party vendors, and data pulled from internal sources and off-platform real world events.
- Support existing internal AI and machine learning efforts by working on training data.
- Evaluate accounts surfaced by proof-of-concept AI tests and provide feedback to engineers and operations teams about quality and speed.
- Identify and develop new proactive applications for internal AI.
- Manually identify and take action on risky content based on trends in terrorist behavior;
- Escalate risky cases to appropriate teams.
- Identify opportunities to change or improve scaled detection tools.
- Respond to newly created terrorist content related to an attack concurrently with dedicated global teams.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree with at least one to two years of academic, think tank, and/or government counterterrorism experience.
- Academic, think tank, and/or government counterterrorism experience.
- Bilingual English/Arabic skills (DLPT 3+ in reading).
- Familiar with social media and online radicalism.
- Experience following trends across social media.
- Analytical thinker and data-driven solution finder.
- Comfortable in Excel and parsing through large datasets to find signal in noise.
- Experience with queries in SQL or R, preferred.
- Serve as a positive team member and leader.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under time pressures and adjusted schedules.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to draw conclusions by synthesizing raw data and information from multiple, unrelated sources into a finished comprehensive product.
- Effective time management skills.
- Able to adapt quickly as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabilities