General Motors Analyst/Coordinator - ENG0037724 in Palo Alto, California
About The Role
This position will report to the senior manager for Software Operations and will collaborate with the administrator who supports the department director for administrative tasks. The location for this position is Sunnyvale, California.
The position responsibilities will cover a broad range of tasks that are needed to support the successful operations of the entire Infotainment Software team. The position will span multiple sites in scope for budgeting and will include a broad scope of tasks including schedule and calendar management, coordination of travel and events, presentation creation and records management. The position requires someone with a strong attention to detail, good organization and critical thinking skills, the ability to handle all responsibilities in a discrete and efficient manner, and strong Outlook, Word and PowerPoint skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive the monthly resource loading and headcount updates for all sites and provide readouts to senior staff
• Manage travel and purchasing budgets for all U.S. sites and oversee all sites for their purchasing activities
• Maintain the Sharepoint site for the Sunnyvale site and collaborate with members from the larger team to ensure consistency of information across all sites
• Represent the Sunnyvale site as the safety representative, conduct safety walks and interface with our corporate safety and facilities interfaces
• Work with local managers to facilitate the hiring process of new talent.
• Organize and coordinate extended staff face-to-face meetings, monthly Sunnyvale all-hands meetings for content and logistics and other meetings as needed
• Utilize MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other technology to prepare, modify and proofread presentation materials, organization charts, reports and letters
• Provide on-site support for the department director for travel arrangements and expense reporting. Collaborate with the director’s administrator to ensure timely submission of travel receipts and other critical documentation to ensure on-time filing of all reports.
• Manage all aspects of office administration using independent thinking and judgment with sole discretion for office procedures
• Two-year degree or professional certification in related field or equivalent work experience (ten years)
• Four-year college degree – with five years of experience preferred
• Experience in handling budgets for larger teams
• Experience in managing department websites/Sharepoint sites
• Experience dealing with Senior Management / Executives in an administrative capacity
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• High level of interpersonal skills
• High level of problem solving ability including independent judgment and decision-making skills
• Advanced level of proficiency in COE software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scheduling, internet, Outlook, and knowledge of SharePoint)
• Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently