Google Engineering Program Lead, Continuous Glucose Monitors, Verily Life Sciences in South San Francisco, California
Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We are developing tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and creating interventions to prevent and manage disease.
As the Engineering Program Lead for highly miniaturized continuous glucose monitors, you will work in a cross-functional role on the development of a next generation medical device, with strong focus on product design, process development and manufacturing for large scale production.
Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. Our work spans many projects, including Project Baseline, the quest to map human health beginning with a 10,000 person observational study; Liftware, stabilizing utensil handles to aid individuals with hand tremor or limited mobility; and Debug, an effort to eradicate mosquito-borne disease with Sterile Insect Technique. For more information, please visit our website.
- Lead the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex technical project, with a focus on efficient team execution. Work with the engineering teams to carry new design concepts through exploration and development into pilot production.
- Lead the engineering teams to assess new technologies, mechanical and system risks, and develop/implement manufacturing processes in a high volume and fast-paced environment for each step in the process flow.
- Work with external partners to define system-level architectures, specify performance requirements and drive the cross-company team to implement and deliver within the project timelines.
- Lead cross-functional and partner development meetings to align strategy and achieve technical development milestones.
- Plan validation testing and clinicals to demonstrate product feasibility as well as work with partner company to scale manufacturing capability.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering or similar field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading new product launches and new process development within manufacturing operations.
- Engineering management or project leadership experience.
- Product development experience and experience launching products at scale.
- Experience with medical device development. Experience with consumer electronics design.
- Demonstrated understanding of experimental design and statistical analysis. Understanding of manufacturing statistics.
- Understanding and familiarity with electronics and/or IC design.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.