Centene Corporation USAG Bavaria - Vilseck, Germany - Schools Based SPA Child Youth Military Family Life Counselor in San Rafael, California
Position Purpose: This description should be used exclusively with the SPA Salary Structure. The Counselor is a licensed mental health professional who exercises discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education concerning military-connected children to service members and or child-development center or school staff. Direct non-clinical services to children and adolescents ages 2-18 are also provided by the CYB Counselor.
- Reaches out to families with children to conduct non-medical needs assessments and provides supportive, non-medical counseling services to families/parents, such as parenting and child development education (ages 0-18), suggestions for behavioral interventions, non-medical counseling, recommendations for referrals and other services as appropriate, etc.
- Provides age appropriate activities-based programs to young children and adolescents on topics such as identifying feelings, problem solving, bullying, conflict resolution, self-esteem, coping with deployment and reunification, sibling/parental relationships, anger and time management, separation from parent(s), divorce, health and wellness/self care, etc.
- Facilitates psycho-educational discussion groups for older children and adolescents.
- Provides consultations, trainings and educational presentations/workshops for parents, school staff, child-care professionals, and other community groups on topics such as child development, behavior management, burnout and self-care, effects of deployment and reunification on children and youth, recognizing behavioral indicators of stress in children and youth, etc., including the following activities:
- Provides feedback on outreach efforts and tracks services performed and referrals made.
- Advises on behavioral and psychotherapeutic training and education programs and materials requested by military personnel and commanders.
- Completes and submits all required documentation.
- Evenings and weekends required
- Other duties as assigned.
The Counselor provides face-to-face non-clinical problem solving counseling to families and makes appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community resources according to the needs of military-connected children, families and service members.
Education/Experience: Master s Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited university required
License/Certification: Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapist or Psychologist without restrictions or supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.) Some assignments may require a full license to practice independently in the state where the assignment is located.
Government Security/Clearance/Citizenship Requirements: Requires US citizenship and current security clearance
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Health Insurance Operations
Organization: Federal Services
Location: California-San Rafael
Requisition ID: 1060773