SHRM Meeting Coordinator in San Mateo, California
The Meeting Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the membership engagement meetings, networking events and/or other professional development activities throughout Northern California.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan and implement event logistics; including budget management, site selection and visits, hotel contract negotiation, food and beverage, audio visual, transportation, signage orders, general session production and décor, event security, hotel arrangements and final bill review and payment for two of the SHRM Specialty Conferences
• Negotiate and review hotel, shuttle service, outside caterers, telecommunication, Internet and other various vendors’ contracts
• Manage the logistics and implementation of meetings and networking events
• Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to include hotel sales representatives, transportation, housing, caterers, speakers and security
• Responsible for multiple aspects of meeting planning and member engagement activities
• Facilitate team planning and informational meetings
• Contribute to the development of the Northern California office and event budget. Review monthly financial statements for accuracy
• Train and manage on-site temporary and volunteer staff during all events
• Contribute to the preparation of marketing materials, communications (emails, brochures, etc.) and website for the Northern California Area events
• Other duties as assigned
• Customer service and detail oriented
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations and multiple deadline-driven projects and priorities with tact and humility
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with meeting planning software preferred
• Basic math skills
• 40% travel (Within the Northern California Area)
• High School graduate; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of relevant experience, association environment preferred
• CMP Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Business Travel up to 40%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No relocation assistance provided.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.
San Mateo, California, United States
Summary of Department
The Member Programs department supports overall member acquisition and retention goals, including strategies to support member segmentation (students, YP's, etc.), develops and leads implementation of member engagement strategy, leads projects and initiatives to support volunteer leader structure including recognition of volunteer leaders, ensures effective communications to volunteer leaders through variety of mediums and partners.