BlackRock Transition Management Analyst/Associate in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Transition Management team helps clients restructure their investment portfolios. The business provides project and risk management to clients to reduce costs and minimize risks when undergoing large changes to asset allocations
BlackRock’s Transition Management team manages more than 300 transitions a year from offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Tokyo and Hong Kong with a focus on multi-billion dollar cross-asset class restructures. The global team, consisting of over 50 transition professionals offers one of the industry's most comprehensive transition management platforms. Our clients include central banks, sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, corporate pension plans and other institutional investors
We partner with clients by understanding their objectives, advising them on solutions, providing project management expertise and designing and implementing trading strategies to achieve their goals. The team delivers the best of BlackRock in risk management, trading expertise and technology directly to clients. As the team provides full service solutions for clients, this presents a unique opportunity for prospective candidates to gain exposure to every part of the asset management process whilst specializing in their areas of specific interest
The Transition Portfolio Manager is one of two functions that co-own the end-to-end delivery of a client transition. Specifically, the Transition Portfolio Manager is responsible for analyzing the required changes in portfolio allocation, designing trading and hedging strategies for a given transition and then placing the actual orders to be traded by the BlackRock trading desks
At the core of the Transition Portfolio Manager's role is the ability to understand the client’s requirements, formulate a trading strategy, estimate the associated costs and risks and once the transition is won, execute on the proposal. The Transition Portfolio Manager works side by side with the trading desks to stay connected to the market and translate this and the progress of the transition to clients.
The successful candidate will join a team of Transition Portfolio Managers and will help clients reorganize their portfolios efficiently. In particular this involves:
- Working with the client to architect an asset reallocation solution that works for their needs
- Developing a trading and hedging strategy, with a detailed execution plan
- Estimating the costs and risks pre-transition and explaining the trading strategy and associated cost estimates to clients clearly
- Working with the trading desks to place orders and getting them executed in a timely fashion, keeping in mind changing market conditions
- Monitoring and communicating to clients diligently around market conditions, intra-transition and post –transition transaction progress and costs
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with all relevant parties, especially the transition manager, to execute a successful transition +
- 1-5 years’ experience in the Financial Services industry, in a trading/portfolio management or related function
- Strong understanding of capital markets, financial instruments, hedging and multi asset allocation strategies
- Excellent communication skills and strong track record as a team player and collaborator
- Knowledge of transaction cost and portfolio risk analytics a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- High energy, curiosity, and attention to details are essential to succeed
- A strong propensity to technology and an eye towards innovation in processes and workflows will be beneficial
- Problem solver with a positive “can-do” attitude
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Title: Transition Management Analyst/Associate
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 172229
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2017, 9:47:53 AM