Google Software Engineer, Spatial Audio Processing in San Francisco, California
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
We are looking for engineers to help develop the next generation of audio technology across Google products. Software Engineers with interest or experience with audio capturing, microphone array techniques, spatial audio, audio storage/transmission, audio reproduction, or other audio signal processing areas will find challenging projects here that will shape and change how consumers use audio and internet technologies.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Develop signal processing algorithms, new feature development, performance tuning, and software architecture and design.
- Determine the compromise between several design factors such as audio quality, CPU and memory efficiency, and user experience, as required for feature development.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the programming languages C and/or C++.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in audio signal processing.
- Experience in algorithm development using MATLAB.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.