Amazon.com Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, California
Amazon Digital Music - Shop, Stream, Live.
Imagine being a part of a small, agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions within a matter of months. Picture working on cutting edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Prime Music, and the Digital Music store.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, direction, and delivery. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us and make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are located in downtown San Francisco in the heart of the financial district. We’re easy to reach by bike, bus, MUNI and BART.
You're an experienced backend software engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to have impact on millions of customers. You want to work on projects that require innovative and creative thinking, deep technical problem solving, and the opportunity to lead and mentor other engineers. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader – but you don't just know how to solve the problem – you prove it by building the solution. You have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience in Software Development using Java
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Experience releasing highly scalable enterprise products full lifecycle
• Experience with implementing algorithms to solve complex real world problems
• MS in Computer Science
• Experience mentoring and training others on complex technical issues
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly available backend services
• A love for music
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
AMZR Req ID: 586497
External Company URL: www.amazon.com