CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Transit in San Francisco, California
Requisition ID 19654BR
Job Title Senior Project Manager - Transit
Job Site Location California - San Francisco
Home Office Location San Francisco, CA
Why CDM Smith? CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing large transit projects to join our West Transportation group. In this position, you will be winning, and managing transit projects and assisting with transit business development activities. CDM Smith has been providing a variety of transit services across the domestic U.S. market for over 20 years. Our services include all aspects of planning and design for passenger rail services, light rail, Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), express bus and shuttle services; as well as for the planning, conceptual design and final design of transit stations, transit centers, and maintenance faculties.
We are open to considering candidates for this position in the following CDM Smith offices: Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major west coast transit projects
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our transit design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing in the west coast transit market
• Participation in professional societies relevant to the industry
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
• At least 12 years of experience since degree focused in transit services
• Registration as a P.E. in CA or WA, or the ability to obtain P.E. within 6 months of hire
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for municipal transit clients
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
• Previous experience
• Master’s degree
• Previous experience winning and managing projects for transit clients in, the greater CA or WA markets
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and cost estimates for municipal transit clients
Assignment Category Fulltime-Regular
Amount of Travel Required 50%
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.