Macy's Seasonal Retail Sales MyStylist@Macy's, Part Time: Union Square in San Francisco, California
* Job Overview: *
The Holiday/TempMyStylist@Macy’sAssociate is responsible for developing personal shopping business by providing outstanding customer service, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable during periods of high volume. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Essential Functions: *
• Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client andMore@Macy’stablet app;
• Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own;
• Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary;
• Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority;
• Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area;
• Handle all returns courteously and professionally;
• Develop a high level of product knowledge for the merchandise in the department by reading vendor tags, pamphlets, and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer;
• Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and engage the customer;
• Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store;
• Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience;
• Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care;
• Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible;
• Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores;
• Develop clientele customer list and increase department sales;
• Follow up on purchases through e-mails, phone calls, or thank you cards;
• Cross sell throughout the store to maximize customer satisfaction and store sales;
• Complete support tasks such as recovering the fitting rooms and straightening merchandise as needed;
• Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures;
• Be aware of back stock and fill as needed;
• Be aware of current promotional events and sales;
• Assist sales manager or vendors with special events as needed;
• Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures;
• Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable;
• Perform other duties as necessary;
• Follows shortage programs and procedures;
• Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor;
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality;
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of one year of related experience and/or training.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other Skills: *
• Must be able to function as part of a team. • Possess a strong sense of urgency. • Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. • Possess a thirst for learning. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
/ Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9. /
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Job: Personal Shopping
Req ID: 71477746