UBM Program Specialist, Briefings in San Francisco, California
*Job Title: *Program Specialist
*Reports to: *Senior Program Manager, Briefings
*Direct Reports: *N/A
A key member of the team that manages the world-renowned Black Hat Briefings programs. Is able to work independently and willing to own important program development functions in order to ensure Black Hat’s ongoing success.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees business relationships with Black Hat Briefings Speakers, manages contracts, and provides feedback to Speakers as part of an ongoing effort to improve customer experience.
- Responsible for the operation of Black Hat’s Content Management System; works with development teams to report system issues, identifies missing features, and provides recommendations for continuous improvement. Ensures that feature recommendations from the Black Hat Review Board are also implemented in future system developments. Ensures data integrity of the CMS to inform business decisions and ensure accurate content on event websites.
- Chairs calls with Black Hat Review Board as part of the process of selecting the best Speaker submissions (proposals) for Black Hat events.
- Creates project timelines for three events and partners with Black Hat Review Board and Speakers to ensure milestones are met
- Manages Speaker contracts, works with UBM accounts payable to ensure that Black Hat’s financial obligations are met, and that Speakers are paid according to terms.
- Liaises with event marketing, registration and operations teams to ensure successful execution of Briefings events.
- Manages production and timelines for event pocket guides
- Prepares internal post-show analysis including Speaker evaluation reports for ongoing improvement
- Manages program content in mobile applications and partners with internal and external resources to make changes.
- Performs editing and peer review functions for online conference content, marketing emails, conference guides, and onsite signage and schedules. Supplies marketing and related departments with conference content information as needed for promotional materials, advisory board updates, sales opportunities, etc.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring successful roll out of mobile app for community engagement at the various Game Network events. Develop project requirements, maintain detailed project plans with specific deliverables and deadlines, and communicate project expectations and important updates back to relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (content, marketing and sales teams) as well as external stakeholders (sponsors, producer and platform provider) to ensure successful execution of Black Hat and the Game Network webinars.
- Project manages the Game Network’s attendee matchmaking application.
- Assist Game Project Manager with the management of Vault (online repository of video assets). To include, but not limited to: answering Vault help emails, spearhead improvement projects, uploading slides, and UAT.
- Assist with Game Awards projects as needed
- Performs the duties of Briefings program lead at one of the main Black Hat events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven ability to manage large scale projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience with financial management systems: Accounts Payable, Accruals, and annual planning
- Comfort and experience with general business applications—MS Excel, MS Access, etc.
- Customer service orientation, strong communication skills, diplomacy and tact
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Team focus, a sense of urgency, experience in or around live events, relationship-building, service orientation, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to handle various projects simultaneously and on deadline.
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- 2+ years of experience around events or conferences is desired.
- Experience in the Information Security space is a plus, but not required
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Domestic travel (one week per year) is required
STATEMENT OF INTENT:
The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this function. However, the nature of our business may require that the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. This description is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Requests by employees or applicants to accommodate an eligible disability will be followed by a current review of the essential functions of the position.
Tracking Code: 173113-268
Job Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular