Gap Inc. Product Safety Manager, Personal Care in San Francisco, California
Product Safety Manager, Personal Care
San Francisco, California 94105
JOB#: 215710 DATE POSTED:Oct. 12, 2017
JOB STATUS: Full-time
The Product Safety Manager, Personal Care is a key member of the Product Safety & Regulations team and is responsible for researching, evaluating, and communicating personal care compliance requirements for Gap Inc.’s expanding global markets. The Manager will contribute to policy-making to ensure that Gap Inc. is compliant with applicable cGMP, Safety, and Federal / State regulations. The Manager will collaborate cross functionally with Brand Product Development, Production, Legal, 3rd party Laboratories, and Vendors. Reports to Sr. Manager, Product Safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides training to Vendors and internal business partners on the Gap Inc. Personal Care Compliance program.
• Manages the daily testing process (MICRO, RIPT, Stability, QA Release, etc.). Appropriately escalates testing failures to Brand Partners, Vendors, and Senior Management.
• Researches safety and regulatory requirements in US and international markets to support global expansion (FDA, Health Canada, new markets, labeling etc.)
• Manages Vendor fill coding assignments after successful completion of cGMP audits.
• Works cross functionally with business partners on new product developments and attends weekly status meetings.
• Assists in the development of product specifications while working with Brand Merchandising, Production, and Laboratory teams. Review specifications annually and updates as needed.
• Provides risk assessments and consults with Gap Inc. Legal as necessary to enable the business to make decisions.
• Assists in personal care compliance manual updates and publications. Also, helps to create, organize, manage, and archive documentation for the cGMP documentation, product release, and stability programs.
• Performs other related duties as required by management which can include special projects or organizational initiatives.
• BS/BA degree required.
• Must have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a cosmetics or OTC company. Knowledge of FDA and Health Canada regulations for cosmetics and / or OTC operations.
• Demonstrates research, technical writing, and communication skills in English.
• Ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically. Ability to work with both qualitative and quantitative information.
• Ability to effectively partner and motivate across functions and with outside vendors.
• Solid organizational skills and ability to influence and resolve differing viewpoints.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.