MV Transportation General Manager in San Francisco, California
MV Transportation is seeking an experienced fixed route General Managerwho will provide support, leadership and direction to our Burlingame location. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures. Will act a primary liaison with our clients to ensure MV meeting our contractual obligations.
Position is located in Burlingame, California.
* Job Responsibilities:*
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
- Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Conduct periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
- Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
- Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
- Create and present location(s) annual budget.
- College degree or equivalent business management experience.
- Management experience required.
- Must have understanding of Trapeze software.
- Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
- Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
- Must have at least three (3) to five (5) years' experience in the transit, school bus, and or shuttle industry.
- MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
- Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual contract requirements.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
CATEGORY: Management, Other, Transportation
LOCATION: US-CA-San Francisco
POSTING ID: TNGENER01691_01691
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified