TRC Companies Civil/Environmental Engineer - Associate PM - San Francisco, CA in San Francisco, California
Civil/Environmental Engineer/Associate PM -- San Francisco, CA
TRC Solutions, Inc. is an engineering, environmental, and construction management consulting firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. Our multi-discipline project teams provide services to help our clients implement complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is actively seeking a highly motivated Civil/Environmental Engineer to join our growing Engineering, Construction, and Remediation practice in San Francisco, California. The ideal candidate will have experience in the design and construction of environmental remediation, water, waste water, solid waste, and general civil engineering projects. The successful candidate will help develop and expand TRCs engineering practice in Northern California in conjunction with staff in TRCs Rancho Cordova, and Santa Maria offices. Candidate will mentor and develop junior engineering staff and facilitate work across technical disciplines.
Our Civil/Environmental Engineers:
- Write proposals, perform client management and development.
- Contribute to top and bottom line department income, through successful project procurement and execution.
- Manage all project phases including initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closing.
- Lead project staff to scope, cost, plan, and execute engineering and remediation related projects.
- Oversee work activities, i.e., plan work, develop work plans, and coordinate with subcontractors and clients.
- Perform site investigations associated with potentially impacted soil, groundwater, soil vapor, and air to provide design input.
- Perform project design; develop construction documents (drawings and specifications), prepare engineering cost estimates; review contractor bids, and recommendation to award;
- Complete engineering calculations and design using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Perform construction CQA.
- Interpret and record data, conduct analyses, compare findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal regulators on behalf of clients.
- Prepare summary reports, technical memorandum and email correspondence, documenting the work performed.
- Participate in TRC sponsored safety, quality, and project training courses.
- Understand and apply basic scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope and budgets.
- Work independently or in a project team with demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, presentations, analytical, professional judgment, and team building skills.
- Grasp scientific concepts and apply them to technical challenges in a principally self-directed manner.
- Contribute to a learned community: pursuing educational opportunities; training and teaching staff, peers and supervisors; sharing new technologies, techniques, and resources.
- Learn through on-the-job experience.
- Have awareness of behavior based safety culture and acts accordingly.
- Work in ambient environments for extended periods of time.
- Regular local travel, with varying hours, typically up to six hours for assignments lasting up to a week, or more.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- California P.E. License.
- Minimum five (5) years of environmental engineering consulting experience.
- Project engineering experience in design and construction of environmental remediation, water, waste water, solid waste, and/or general civil engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety practices.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license required.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Master's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Ten (10) years of environmental engineering consulting experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Business Development experience capturing follow-on work from existing clients.
- Experience mentoring junior staff.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, including current annual refresher.
- OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor certification.
- PMP certification.
- Conversant with Microsoft Project or equivalent project scheduling packages.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Francisco, CA - Sansome St - SFO