Consumer Financial Protection Bureau CFPB Pathways Internship - Student Trainee (Public Notice Flyer) in San Francisco, California
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference? At the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, we know that every member of the team contributes to success! That's just one of the reasons that CFPB, one of the newest organizations, will become one of the best places in the Federal government to work. You'll have the opportunity to use your current skills, and gain new ones, while helping to make financial markets work for millions of Americans and their families.
* Please note this is a public notice flyer to apply to a Pathways position - please visit the CFPB's website at* http://www.consumerfinance.gov/jobs/. * If there are no positions listed indicated the use of Pathways, then CFPB is not actively recruiting using the programs within Pathways.* Please check the website periodically, as the bureau regularly uses the programs to recruit students and recent graduates.
THIS IS NOT A VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT. INDIVIDUALS SEEKING TO APPLY TO CFPB PATHWAYS JOB OPPORTUNITIES MUST VISIT THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE, AND APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA THIS POSTING.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will accept applications for the Internship Program for interns in a variety of fields, which may include policy, administration, law, research, technology, finance, project management, and communications.
The salary stated above covers various locations across the U.S. Actual pay will vary depending on the duty location of the position filled.
These are excepted appointments in the CFPB Pathways Internship Program.
Employee may be subject to a probationary period.
These positions may be filled on a part-time basis as well as full time basis.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. You will serve as a student trainee receiving on-the-job training in technical aspects of CFPBs work. You may be assigned to various organizations within CFPB and will perform assignments under the close supervision of a higher level analyst.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Relevant experience and/or education (as noted on the CFPB website).
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation.
- You may be required to serve a trial period.
- Must be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student,
- You must apply on-line via the CFPB website.
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
- Qualifications specific to the series and grade can be found on the *CFPB JOBS WEBSITE.*
When applying to this announcement on CFPB website, you will be required to submit transcripts and proof of enrollment.
CFPB Pathways candidates will meet the qualification requirements consistent with CFPB and the OPM qualification standards applicable to the position being filled.
The classification of the intern positions (series and grade) will depend upon the field of study and level of coursework of the candidate.
Many CFPB positions have specific educational requirements, so we encourage you to provide a complete description of your educational achievements.
Qualification requirements depend on the job being filled.
U.S. citizenship is required
What To Expect Next
Please notify us if your contact information changes. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate, or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc
To be eligible for conversion to the competitive service after completion of the program, an intern must:
1) Be a U.S. Citizen.
2) Successfully complete an academic course of study as evidenced by a qualifying degree.
3) Complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience under the Internship Program; specifically 3 work tours.
4) Meet the OPM qualification standard for the position to which the Intern may be converted
5) Maintain acceptable performance under the Bureau's approved performance management system for Pathways Employees.
6) Receive a favorable recommendation for conversion from his/her Supervisor.
CFPB is not obligated to make an offer of employment, nor is the student obligated to accept an offer of employment.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/453029200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2016-10-16 to 2017-10-15
Salary: $14.53 to $46.62 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: CN 20 - 51
Series: 0399 Administration And Office Support Student Trainee 0999 Legal Occupations Student Trainee
Appointment type: Excepted Service NTE
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: PH-NM-17-1822509
Control number: 453029200