Walmart Senior Visual Designer in SAN BRUNO, California
829305BRReq ID:829305BRCompany Summary:Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.Job Title:Senior Visual DesignerPosition Summary:.City:SAN BRUNOState:CAPosition Description:The UX Design team is crafting user experiences for customers who shop online on our sites from their desktops and mobile devices. It’s all about the user experience from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our UX/UI teams include strategists, researchers, architects and designers who build delightful site experiences and apps. It’s very exciting and deeply rewarding to see products in our users’ hands.
As a Sr. Visual Designer we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Customer Experience of Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division. Specifically, your assignment is to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) as part of the (Discovery, Purchase, Platform, Everyday Living etc.) team to deeply empathize with the customer. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic visual designer, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
• Make design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research and data
• Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
*LI-KA1Minimum Qualifications:What You'll Need
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior UX designer or equivalent practical experienceAdditional Preferred Qualifications:Bonus Points
• Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
• Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.Category:User Experience and Design (UX/UI) Division:Global eCommerceEmployment Type:Full TimeRequisition Template:eCommerce Department Summary:The UX Design team is creating user experiences for customers who shop online on our sites from their desktops and mobile devices. It’s all about the user experience from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our UX/UI experts include strategists, researchers, architects and designers who build best-in-class site experiences and apps. It’s incredibly exciting and rewarding to see products in our users’ hands.