Walmart Senior Content Strategist in SAN BRUNO, California
920023BRReq ID:920023BRCompany Summary:Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.Job Title:Senior Content StrategistPosition Summary:.City:SAN BRUNOState:CAPosition Description:Design, content, and user experience are incredibly important at Walmart eCommerce. We look to the Content Strategist to envision how to help people save money and live better with Walmart, and to bring that vision to life. Content Strategists help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers around the world. To do this you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other content strategists, architects, designers, researchers, product managers and engineers.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead in the creation of business and consumer product experiences.
• Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
• Focus on customer needs and continuously improve content to increase customer comprehension, product adoption and issue resolution.
• Help users figure out what to do next with perceptive decisions about language and wording choices.
• Solve complex problems and work with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
• When you look at Walmart.com, you will see multiple easy ways we could restructure our navigation, data, content, checkout flow, or page elements to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to tell us about them.
• Mentor other team members on best practices.Minimum Qualifications:• Ability to write brief, persuasive, on-task text that keeps users engaged and reduces errors and confusion.
• Familiarity with accessibility standards and how to write for screen readers.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business. Work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
• A constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years with digital content creation experience.Additional Preferred Qualifications:• Experience creating content strategy for large customer facing properties.Category:User Experience and Design (UX/UI) Division:Global eCommerceEmployment Type:Full TimeRequisition Template:eCommerce Department Summary:The UX Design team is creating user experiences for customers who shop online on our sites from their desktops and mobile devices. It’s all about the user experience from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our UX/UI experts include strategists, researchers, architects and designers who build best-in-class site experiences and apps. It’s incredibly exciting and rewarding to see products in our users’ hands.