Walmart Data Scientist in SAN BRUNO, California
915080BRReq ID:915080BRCompany Summary:Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.Job Title:Data ScientistPosition Summary:-City:SAN BRUNOState:CAPosition Description:Responsibility
As a Data Scientist you will play a unique role in driving the future of the next generation Forecasting models researching, designing and implementing cutting edge algorithms. Responsibilities include:
• Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
• Build learning systems that monitor data flows and react to changes in customer preferences and business objectives
• Collaborate with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
• Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaderMinimum Qualifications:Qualifications
• PhD in statistics or machine learning or Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline with 3+ years of experience
• Experience in areas such as data-driven statistical modeling, discriminative methods, feature extraction and analysis, supervised learning.
• Proficient in R/ Python and SQL. Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)Additional Preferred Qualifications:• Inquisitiveness and desire to learn.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data and understand root cause.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritize competing objectives.
• Forecasting experience in an online and/or retail environment is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environmentCategory:Data Science / Machine Learning Division:Walmart LabsDivision Summary:@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.Employment Type:Full TimeRequisition Template:eCommerce Department Summary:The Customer Promise team is building Walmart’s next gen supply chain to ensure that online customers receive their products when and where they want them. When our unmatched assets in retail are combined with our commitment to building best-in-class e-commerce capabilities, we’re positioned to serve customers in ways no one else can. We are a highly motivated group of big data geeks, data scientists, and application engineers that work together to fulfill hundreds of millions of orders and ensure that customers are delighted.