AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Branch Manager II in Redwood City, California
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Montana is unique, just like you.
We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
• Accountable for delivery of revenue and profitability through branch P&L management.
• Responsible for the sale of all AAA products in the branch (Membership, P&C Insurance, Life Insurance, ancillary Insurance Products and Travel) and through other channels to customers. Oversees all operational activities for the branch. Must track day to day and monthly issues and trends.
• Analyzes branch information and internal performance statistics to forecast opportunities. Develops and manages strategies to lead new business development, penetrate competitor markets and deliver on growth objectives.
• Determines distribution strategy, associated staffing and support requirements to execute business plans and realize branch opportunities. Takes action to support the resolution of issues and creation of solutions within business segments. Leads the development, implementation and delivery of a strategy and associated business plans for the branch.
• Plans, recruits, selects, conducts performance evaluation, sales actions plans/coaching, and performance management activities for employees. Provide active, engaged leadership through behavioral coaching and mentoring. Creates an engaging work environment that encourages feedback on local work processes, competitive threats and the member experience which result in continuous alignment of resources and improvement of the work environment to enable realization of the business plans resulting in a positive effect on employee and customer loyalty. Responsible for leadership and talent development.
• Develops network of relationships within community and represents AAA’s interests to
community leaders and other key audiences.
• Ensures compliance with AAA policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
• Provides feedback to assist in competitive positioning of AAA products and services (e.g., products, pricing, distribution approaches).
Business Manager II
Varies based on size of branch. Direct reports may include a Sales and Service Supervisor.
• Proven strong leadership
• Demonstrated track record of successful business decision making, planning and leadership
• P&L accountability and/or progressively responsible revenue/expense accountability
• Strong problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills with a proven ability to make data-driven decisions
• Ability to work cross-functionally across many business units and functions
• Ability to write and execute business and financial plans
• Excellent planning and project management skills
• Strong change management skills and the ability to operate in an environment of ambiguity
• Broad knowledge of property and casualty insurance and membership operations including industry trends, key drivers of business revenue on a profit and loss basis, large scale recruitment efforts and multiple distribution channels
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Bi-lingual communication skills (preferred)
• Insurance industry knowledge (preferred)
• Knowledge of AAA products and systems (preferred)
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
• Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2-3 yrs. supervisory experience in travel, retail sales, insurance or the financial service industry
• Valid Driver's License
• DOI property and casualty Insurance License and Life Insurance License (preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
Results Orientation (Expert) Customer Centricity (Expert) Drive and Initiative (Expert) Interpersonal Savvy (Proficient) People Development (Proficient)
Business Acumen and Fiscal Responsibility (Proficient)
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, and brings together:
An award winning work culture and environment
2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
Eleven branch offices across Nevada
Six branch offices across Utah