VMware Sr. Manager, Digital International in Palo Alto, California
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com at http://www.vmware.com/ . With 19,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities.
Global Marketing is a customer-in oriented organization that is dedicated to helping drive sales for VMware’s field and partners. We work collaboratively as one organization to ensure our go-to-market strategies and programs are integrated across all marketing channels, and take accountability for outcomes. The people are passionate, collaborative, and dedicated to being a world class marketing organization, in one of the most exciting companies in technology.
The Digital Marketing group is a team of subject matter experts that ensure VMW optimizes its investment and execution across all digital properties – and does so at tremendous global scale. The team is highly respected for the quality of their work, their teamwork and high execution abilities.
The Sr. Manager, Digital International will be responsible for driving the overall strategy and execution of VMware’s international digital content, websites, and digital globalization programs. You will be working at the highest level of corporate and regional stakeholders to drive web marketing and digital globalization strategy, localized content and programs that drive awareness and educate our international web visitors, support demand generation, and promote and uphold VMware’s brand internationally.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, leadership and influencing ability, as well as strategic vision. At a tactical level, the ideal candidate will possess superior project/program management skills, a keen attention to detail, and a talent for synthesizing large amounts of information into an actionable plan. S/he will thrive in a fast-paced environment and seek innovative and collaborative solutions to meeting our stakeholders’ needs.
• Manage a team of geographically dispersed individual contributors to meet team objectives, including a manager and team based in Costa Rica.
• Assist in the development, update, and promotion of a country tiering structure to uphold international web service tiers.
• Foster key relationships with corporate web marketing functions (content strategy, production, etc) and regional web marketing counterparts to create and execute against a robust annual/quarterly marketing calendar.
• Liaise closely with corporate and regional stakeholders to best understand their respective needs, managing your teams’ ability to balance corporate objectives with championing the specific needs of the local market business plan, product marketing strategies, and cultural nuances.
• Provide guidance and leadership at a strategic and tactical level to ensure that best practices for international web content and localized web marketing initiatives are accomplished across all regions.
• Lead a multi-disciplinary team effort across marketing, localization, and web production to launch and sustain web content updates across international web sites on time.
• Own multiple business unit relationships to lead global alignment with product launch needs, as well as drive a functional area for the entire group such as global marketing for international homepages, user acceptance testing (UAT), etc.
• Enhance processes to best measure international web content effectiveness, and inform best solutions for optimized user experience and increased online leads.
• Proactive research of industry best practices within international web marketing and advocacy of solutions for appropriate adaptation by VMware.
• 15+ years in an IT or web related discipline, with 5+ years managing global web properties/projects and 5+ years of team leadership responsibility.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills to build solid cross-functional relationships and work across all levels within an organization.
• Proven track record of successfully managing concurrent international web marketing efforts, both at the strategic and tactical levels.
• Superior verbal/written/interpersonal communication skills in English position you to effectively work with multiple constituencies/geographies.
• Ability to multitask and lead delivery of projects consistently on time and with great accuracy in a very fast-paced environment.
• Technical background or competency (HTML, XML, Sharepoint, CMS technologies, Jira, Web analytics, etc)
• Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Familiarity with localization tools and processes desired but not required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in a related discipline a plus.
• Fluency in one or more foreign languages, both spoken and written, highly desirable.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.